Monday, January 9, 2012

Diet is a Dirty Word

Ohhhh how I've learned to LOATHE the word diet-haven't you?! Or at least on day 2 of the "diet", right?? I have come to terms with the fact that any type of diet, fad, or quick fix, is exactly what it's called. People will try to argue this, but I HAVE struggled with my weight.  No, I never needed to lose 100 or even 50 pounds, but I can say that on my wedding day-where the focus is ALL on you-I weighed 20 pounds more than I do now, all simply because my eating habits weren't where they should be.  On a 5'2" person, 20 pounds makes A LOT of difference.  And honestly, I don't care if you are petite with only 5 to lose-we all have our body issues, and hopefully hope to be internally healthy as well as look beautiful on the outside.  I post many a comments about my health/regimen/"diet"/lifestyle-and my ups and downs throughout them-not to brag, or complain, but to motivate myself, and to relate to others who may be in the same boat-it really helps! Since getting back on track after a really fun fall of celebrations (my birthday, anniversary, son's 1st bday, then the plethora of holidays to follow!!), I knew it was time to get control once again.  Luckily, my husband is on the same page as me health-wise.  I can't emphasize enough how much this helps.  If I had to buy a separate list of junk foods for him to snack on, we'd be in trouble, because I have no self-control!!  But I own this-I know this about myself, and I do what I can.  I only buy treats for special occasions or when we have guests-or, better yet, I'll MAKE the treats so that I know exactly what's in them.  I hope to post a lot of recipes in this blog as time goes on.  In the meantime, DON'T use the word diet, and don't beat yourself up-you'll get where you want to be with the tools, knowledge, and true desire to better yourself for the right reasons. Stay chic, stay healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment